Friday 4 December 2015

Issues


One of the issues that seems to come up when beginning to write this true story, is how much my creative side wants to just write and write – whether what I’m saying is true or not. There is a lack of dialogue in my research, as this is an aspect hard to find within historical study with this time period. This brings the itching urge to write something in its place, when that would be inaccurate. What dialogue I have found, I have stretched and used to my advantage but feel it is lacking.

Another issue that arose, was creating my writing to be a story rather than only facts. I didn’t want my story to sound like a history book and in order to overcome this, I needed to build detail. I needed to focus more on dramatizing the writing. For example, I knew that when Anne is taken to the Privy Council, she is interrupted while watching a tennis match. I wanted to write about the reactions of people around her when it happens, or how people are acting before it happens, but there wasn’t much I could find. This left me to interpret the moments on my own, putting myself in the situation of someone around the Queen when she realises that she is about to fall from her position. I’m still telling the story and it’s true, however I’m using descriptions and my own mind to build up the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment